Tuesday, August 04, 2009

BG Paintings and Other Stuff...



Here's that pan shot I promised. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I took these real quick just to show 'em here. I'll fix it up later and put them together later on. There's also an overlay I did of a fat depressing tree for this shot that I posted a while ago and you can view it here.

And here's more of my crazy shit...




Sorry it takes me a while to post something here. I know there's some of you who actually look at this blog, which is a huge encouragement for me, and I highly appreciate it and thank you so much for it, so, yeah, I apologize for the long wait. I've been kinda busy with this film stuff and I get caught up with work that I don't think about anything else, but whatever. It's inexcusable!! Sorry again! I'll try to post more stuff later...maybe more BG paintings or screen shots!

14 comments:

Bob Flynn said...

Outstanding background paintings. There's something unsettling (and great) about those clouds.

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Bob!

Katie said...

Everything you post is worth the wait!! The backgrounds look so amazing and cool...you've gotta be so creative to come up with those colors and shapes. Thank you for sharing them!

I think one thing I like about your drawings is that they are cute and appealing, but they sort of scare me. I mean that in a good way! Like, the "lynching time" coffin and the murderer guy from the cartoon you're making kind of scare me, but I like it! I get a simliar feeling when I watch "Swing You Sinners."

I can't wait for more paintings and drawings! I am a super fan!

Kevin Langley said...

Wow! The backgrounds you post keep getting better and better. Thanks for sharing Pedro.

Pedro Vargas said...

Katie--Thanks! That's exactly the reaction I'd like to get when people see my stuff. I want people to be disturbed, but enthralled at the same time and show people that scary can be fun and fun to look at. Yeah kinda like in "Swing You Sinners", but in a whole other level of scary fun.

Kevin--Thanks, man! I'm glad you like it.

Kali Fontecchio said...

I love your clouds and barf! They are so squishy looking!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Kali!

david gemmill said...

awesome stuff!! hahah those characters are really clever and great! cool bgs. I like how you added the outline on the clouds to make them stand out. awesome stuff as usual and creative cartooning!

Can't wait for your film, i know it's gonna be great!

Deemo said...

I am so excited to see your film I cant wait! Awesome designs love the guy barfing

benj said...

WOAH! Those clouds are amazing.

As david said, the outline on the clouds is really cool! How did you do that? with a pencil? on CPU? ...?

Are these paintings are gouache?

GREAT post buddy!

benj said...

Can't wait to see your film! :D

Pedro Vargas said...

David & Deemo--Thanks, bros! I'm glad you like it!

Benj--Thanks, man! I paint mostly with gouache and I did the outlines using a small thin brush.

pumml said...

Very nice, Pedro! Great shapes and super clean linework on that BG pan.

ryan said...

Nice BG paintings great color!