Monday, December 18, 2006

Some Drawings, Digital Stuff, & Tom Oreb Studies

Hello, everyone! So far I'm having a pretty good holiday break and I've taken some time to relax a bit at home. I also got Photoshop for free and got to do some coloring and inking on some drawings I've done and it's been kinda fun. It's good now 'cause I barely see my drawings in color.

These were done with the pen tool in Photoshop. I wish I had a Wacom tablet to draw these on. I think they would've seemed looser.



This is the original drawing of Jack, my rabbit character. I think I prefer this one more than the digital one.




Here are some Tom Oreb studies I've done a while back. I really like his designs for characters especially this Trix kid and Oreb's own version of Peg-leg Pete. He actually looks like a cat for once! I'm thinking of doing more studies of his art and other great cartoonists.

I copied some of his character designs and started to analyze them.



Look at this kid's leg! It's double jointed. I always thought that was some crazy designing and it's very creative/original too.

Here are some of my interpretations.



And here's Peg-leg-less Pete Cat!



Here's some good Tom Oreb websites to check out:

Tom Oreb's Myspace

Tom Oreb on Cartoon Modern blog

Well, I hope you're all having a good break so far. I think I'll be back soon to show more new stuff!!

8 comments:

Kevin Langley said...

Wow these are great. You drew those without a tablet? Damn. I love the Oreb studies too.

ryan said...

nice drawings! that nose-tiwsting one is hilarious

i ike the cat with the suit & cigar

funny oreb studies!

Danne8a said...

Great drawings!
I like the digital file of Jack and the original!
It is like comparing apples and oranges because they are both great!
I like your stuff!
Very loose, fun and solid!
Great job!
The Oreb studies are also pretty flawless!

david gemmill said...

very cool! super clean and nice colors too. nice work!!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks!! I really appreciate great comments coming from really cool and talented cartoonists!

Arschblog said...

You get better all the time! Your drawings are lively and funny! I still love the bunny! :)

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Stefanie!

benj said...

awesome!
the 2nd is my favorite
(wow, wow, wow & WOW!)

as Stephanie mentionned, you're getting better all the time.

see ya :D