Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Well Look Who's Back to Bloggin'!

Hey, everybody! Sorry I haven't been posting anything I think for the past month and a half. Every time I go back to school the amount of work keeps heavily increasing for me leaving me no time for online fun.

But I'm back and I've brought some animation from my film to show. It's not much, just two videos. I could upload more, but my internet is so goddamn slow, like dial-up slow, but I'll see if I can put up some more animation maybe today, tomorrow or sometime this week.

I don't think I've mentioned this film as being my senior project film for my school. It's like a thesis for seniors. It's a big deal for me being that all senior project films are going to be shown up on a big screen in front of hundreds of parents and students after graduation. Sounds kinda scary, but kinda cool too. So I can't wait till that happens.

Anyway I hope you like these clips! The first one has a loud train horn sound so you might want to turn down the volume on your computer or on the dailymotion clip to avoid any ringing sounds in your ears.


Demon Boy_01
Uploaded by PMVR




I'm also back home for the holidays so I'm gonna take it easy with my work for a little while and I wanna make it up to the awesome people who visit this blog by trying to post everyday with something cool.

I was on a bus going to the airport and out of nowhere some freshman from school throws up all over me by accident. Like on the right side of my face, hair, pants and jacket. It pretty much sucked haha. It all happened pretty abruptly too. Seemed like the guy was partying a little too much the night before and had to let it all go. I figured I could make a drawing out of that crazy situation and show it to you fine folk. It was very shocking at first and then slowly I realized how awful it felt to get thrown up all over especially since I was stressed out from all the school work. Hey, at least I got a story and hopefully a drawing out of it. It actually kinda traumatized me a little too. Everywhere I go I feel like someone's going to throw up on me. When I stand in line for groceries or sit next to someone. Kinda like a bad car accident. I feel like it's going to happen again soon.

I find the whole situation pretty hilarious and would love to animate it one day so try not feel bad for me if you were already haha.

10 comments:

Trevour said...

Welcome back, man! Those are amazing!!! And these are just pencils... I bet your finished piece will rock over any other student film being shown. Keep up the great work - this stuff is top-notch!

Anonymous said...

this looks great!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Trevour! I hope my film film will shed some new light for the animation department at my school. There's barely any 2d happening over there.

Thanks, anonymous!

Ryan G. said...

Nice to see some new stuff Pedro! Those pencil tests look great. Ha! funny story.. I got thrown up on in 3rd grade.. all over my courdoroys. I had to wear them the rest of the day too after I cleaned up. I think i felt sorry for the dude who threw up on me more than I was pissed or anything.. Great stuff though, lets see some more!

benj said...

Great clips!
I really like the weird/funny cycle at the end of the "demon boy" clip.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Looks good! You're way ahead of me on your work hahaha- I'm doing my senior thesis project too currently. STREEEEESSSSSSSSS.

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Ryan! Yeah At first I wanted to get really pissed off at the guy, but I just didn't have it in me to cause a big scene I guess.

Thanks, Benj! The cycle in the end is suppose to be a run through the bushes. I'm gonna make the background whiz by to make it look like he's running fast.

Hey, Kali! Thanks! Yeah I don't have as much as I should have by now, but in good time I'll be able to finish the film. I can't wait to see what your planning for your film if you're gonna show something. You have a really cool cartoony view of things. Hope you do good on yours!

david gemmill said...

damn dude! fucking kickass! great work. i really like the the axe dude towards the end. great work on all that subtle motion!!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, David! I'm glad you liked it.

Kevin Langley said...

Great stuff in you last few posts. The Demon Boy animation was great. Funny lip action. The decapitation in the second clip looks great too. Keep plugging away at this it's looking really good.