Thursday, January 25, 2007

FINALLY!! New Post!

Hi, everyone! I'm back to show you some more of my insane-o stuff! I'm pretty sure some of you got tired of just seeing the same shitty Christmas card I've been leaving in the last post for a while and I apologize for that (I know I felt like crap for leaving it so long). I also wanted to say thanks to the people who post all the nice comments here. You guys are some of the most kick ass people ever! Anyways, here's some new and kinda interesting shit for all to see!

These two model sheets were made for a class I'm taking now. They're of my two characters: Jackrabbit McGee and Pipsqueak Mouse. They're drawn really generic with symmetry, which was kind of difficult for me at first, largely because I like to go to the extent with my own style trying to make a drawing seem really fun and less generic. Also, this project reminded me of the Preston Blair Lessons John K.'s been giving, so in a way I've learned more by sort of solidifying my characters and making sure that their structures make more sense in design and not focus too much on the contours.

I just noticed that there's a million screw-ups within these drawings. I really have to get back to those John K. lessons!


And now I leave you with other stuff.





23 comments:

Trevour said...

As usual, these are all excellent! I really like how you draw Jackrabbit McGee's crooked teeth, and how they're nice and thick! They remind me of those Staedtler white plastic erasers crammed up his mouth.

Your Gina Giraffe makes me laugh! I'd love to see a full cartoon with this gal!

benj said...

really nice model sheets!!

keep posting!:)

Sam L. said...

Awesome sir!

Brian Romero said...

Ah, some new eye candy at last!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, guys!

Trevour--I'm glad you like Jackrabbit and his eraser teeth! haha! As for Gina, yeah I think a full cartoon for her could be fun! I think it's about time someone should make a cartoon about a microcephalic giraffe!

Arschblog said...

The drawings looks professional.Gina is cool and very funny and Jackrabbit is still my favourite character! He is sooo cute!X3
I like to see how much love you put in your characters!:)

ryan said...

excellent model sheets, the drawings are really solid

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks Stefanie and Ryan!! You guys are too cool!!

Ryan G. said...

Hey Pedro! Nice to see some new stuff! Those model sheets are really good. Keep it up bro!

Pedro Vargas said...

Thanks, Ryan! I checked out your blog. Some really cool drawings you have there, man!

Hammerson said...

Hey Pedro, thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Gosh, this is awesome stuff, I just spent a long time here enjoying your artwork. You got a wonderful style, very fluid and dynamic, with nice construction. Also very funny! From this latest post, my favorites are Gina and Horatio. Nice model sheets too.
I will put the link to your blog, if you don't mind.

Ryan G. said...

Thanks Pedro!

david gemmill said...

awesome! great work! these are super solid.

Matt Greenwood said...

Nice stuff! Really solid.

Gabriel said...

SPIFFY!!

Pedro Vargas said...

David, Matt, Gabriel--triple thanks!

katzenjammer studios said...

Haha, funny drawings! Nice model sheets. When do we get to see them animated?

Pedro Vargas said...

Hi, Katzenjammer! Hopefully soon I'll get to animate these guys. I really want to, too. I'm at school right now and sometimes in can get hard for me to do things for myself when there's so much schoolwork to be done. So it's hard to say when I can animate these guys. I'm also in the process of structuring a story so I can make a short film out of it, which will feature these guys as well. So they'll be animated for sure, but I just haven't planned it yet.

Danne8a said...

I love your drawings!
The style is so loose and fun!
Can't wait to see them animated!

Peace

Brien Barrios said...

very awesome drawings! i really like the fluidity in all of your work.. it will be pretty sweet to see these characters animated.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

[img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][b]Load Ulcesse soft programm on Mac OS x[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Buy Ulcesse soft programm Mac[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Online Ulcesse soft programm to Windows[/b][/size]

http://www.google.com/